Once you log in, you can use our search tool to find all the natural solutions for any health condition. Plus, you can discuss, ask questions, and share your point of view about various topics.
We highly encourage you to write reviews and testimonials about any natural solution you have tried. Regardless of whether the solution was effective or not, we urge you to remain authentic and objective. Our ultimate aim is to help each other learn the truth about each solution.
You can also add content you may find interesting in the library center section.
Together, we can contribute to our community’s knowledge.
How Ayurvedic medicine is applied to treat Stress:
Ayurvedic treatment to relieve stress is specifically tailored to each individual’s case and looks at the dominant dosha in their constitution.
However, Ayurvedic stress management generally involves the following aspects:
A- Purvakarma treatments:
Purvakarma, is Sanskrit for “foremost action.” It consists of herbal and oil treatments that loosen the accumulated toxins in the body. Ayurvedic medicine believes these toxins can trigger stress.
Accordingly, purvakarma practices direct these toxins to specific waste and ...
- Eat meals regularly: Eating three meals a day strengthens agni (digestive fire) and improves digestion, which relieves any stress related to digestion. Eating well also boosts mood and energy levels and prevents toxins from building up in the body, which reduces stress.
- Exercise regularly: Engage in physical activity every day to relieve stress.
- Sleep well: Maintain a regular sleep schedule and get at least 7 hours of sleep to reduce stress.
Ayurvedic medicine precautions for Stress Management:
Ayurveda uses natural and herbal remedies to treat diseases. However, if you want to use Ayurvedic medicines, herbs, supplements to treat a particular condition, you should consider the following precautions:
- Consult your Ayurvedic practitioner before taking Ayurvedic products on your own. Let them know if you have diabetes or are taking medication that may affect your treatment plan. They should adjust it to avoid any harmful interactions with the medication you are taking.
Ayurvedic medicine side effects for Stress Management:
Since Ayurvedic treatments are derived from natural herbs and plants, most treatments do not cause adverse events. However, if you take some Ayurvedic preparations or herbs, you may experience the following side effects.
- Some Ayurvedic products contain toxic amounts of heavy metals like lead, arsenic, or mercury, and they might cause heavy metal poisoning.
- Some Ayurvedic herbal formulations might cause headaches, nausea, gastrointestinal problems, diarrhea, rashes, or allergic reactions.
Arora, D., Kumar, M., Dubey, S. D., & Baapat, S. K. (2003). Stress-management: leads from ayurveda. Ancient science of life, 23(1), 8–15.
Bhattacharya, S. K., Goel, R. K., Kaur, R., & Ghosal, S. (1987). Anti-stress activity of sitoindosides VII and VIII, new acylsterylglucosides from Withania somnifera. Phytotherapy Research, 1(1), 32-37. doi:10.1002/ptr.2650010108
Community forum Ayurveda For Stress
Please remain authentic and respectful. Aposbook does not endorse any comment and is not responsible for any wrong information provided by users.