Anxiety is a normal response to stress. People who experience anxiety are uncomfortable, worried, nervous, or fearful of the future.
Anxiety can range from being mild to severe. It may become a disorder when feelings of anxiety are constant. It can affect daily life or cause distress and affect work or interpersonal relationships. If left untreated, it will most likely get worse.
Some symptoms of anxiety may include feeling nervous or worried, having an increased heart rate, breathing ...
Why Ayurveda helps treat Anxiety:
Ayurveda helps treat anxiety because it seeks to restore balance to the excess vata dosha (the energy of movement) in the mind. It also works to unblock the energy channels in the mind so vata can flow smoothly throughout the rest of the body. This helps a person feel more grounded and stable.
Published: March 2021
How Ayurveda works to treat Anxiety:
Scroll down to check all the resources we have on this topic in the "Library Center" below.
Meanwhile, we are working on this section's content, and we will publish it soon. If you are an expert on this topic, please suggest related information.
Together we work to help the community.
How Ayurvedic Medicine is applied to treat Anxiety:
Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety is specifically tailored to each individual’s case and looks at the dominant dosha in their constitution. However, Ayurvedic treatment for anxiety generally involves the following aspects:
A. Purvakarma treatments:
Purvakarma is Sanskrit for “foremost action.” It comprises herbal and oil treatments that loosen the accumulated toxins in the gut and brain. Ayurvedic medicine believes these toxins cause anxiety.
Accordingly, purvakarma practices direct the toxins to specific waste and elimination centers in the body ...
Ayurveda’s recommendations for Anxiety:
- Eat at regular times: Eat at regular times to help establish a routine. Having a schedule decreases chaotic vata energy, which decreases anxiety.
- Exercise regularly: Engage in physical activity every day at regular times to stabilize the vata dosha and reduce anxiety.
- Sleep well: Maintain a regular sleep schedule and get at least 7 hours of sleep to reduce anxiety.
- Practice yoga: Practice at least 10 minutes of yoga every day, including breathing exercises or pranayama. Try to go through the ...
Ayurvedic medicine precautions for Anxiety:
Ayurveda uses natural and herbal remedies to treat diseases. However, if you want to use Ayurvedic medicines, herbs, supplements to treat a particular condition, you should consider the following precautions:
- Consult your Ayurvedic practitioner before taking Ayurvedic products on your own. Let them know if you have diabetes or are taking medication that may affect your treatment plan. They should adjust it to avoid any harmful interactions with the medication you are taking.
- Some Ayurvedic products ...
Ayurvedic medicine side effects for Anxiety:
Since Ayurvedic treatments are derived from natural herbs and plants, most treatments do not cause adverse events. However, if you take some Ayurvedic preparations or herbs, you may experience the following side effects.
- Some Ayurvedic products contain toxic amounts of heavy metals like lead, arsenic, or mercury, and they might cause heavy metal poisoning.
- Some Ayurvedic herbal formulations might cause headaches, nausea, gastrointestinal problems, diarrhea, rashes, or allergic reactions.
Published: March 2021
Check out what experts have to say
Opinion of Science and Medicine on using Ayurveda to treat Anxiety. Scroll down to check all the resources we have on this topic in the Library Center below. Meanwhile, we are working on this section's content, and we will publish it soon. If you are an expert on this topic, please suggest related information. Together we work to help the community. Opinion ...Read More>>
Please restrict this forum space to share your opinion or comments about this natural solution for this specific condition ONLY. Always respect others and address them in a professional manner. Please remain authentic and objective. Aposbook does not endorse any comment and is not responsible for any wrong information provided by users.