Once you log in, you can use our search tool to find all the natural solutions for any health condition. Plus, you can discuss, ask questions, and share your point of view about various topics.
We highly encourage you to write reviews and testimonials about any natural solution you have tried. Regardless of whether the solution was effective or not, we urge you to remain authentic and objective. Our ultimate aim is to help each other learn the truth about each solution.
You can also add content you may find interesting in the library center section.
Together, we can contribute to our community’s knowledge.
How Atkins Diet works for Heart Disease / Atherosclerosis:
The Atkins diet is a regimen that is low in carbohydrates, and high in protein and fat. Accordingly, it incorporates a variety of healthy fats and meat in the diet, while limiting carbohydrate sources.
This diet is believed to help in treating heart diseases, and used also to prevent them. This is done mainly by influencing the various risk factors associated with heart diseases.
Atkins Diet for foods for Heart Disease / Atherosclerosis:
The Atkins diet restricts carbohydrate and stresses on protein and fat intake. Supporters of this diet recommend it as an everlasting regimen that should be followed as a lifestyle across the individual’s lifespan for healthier outcomes.
The Atkins diet promotes foods that are considered low in carbohydrates or carbohydrate-free for consumption. These foods include:
- Fish and seafood
- Pork, turkey, and chicken
- Non-starchy vegetables such as spinach, broccoli ...
Atkins Diet for Heart Disease / Atherosclerosis: precautions
There are several side effects that might come along when you follow a low carbohydrate diet such as the Atkins diet. When there is an elimination or even restriction of carbohydrates from the diet, symptoms such as fatigue, weakness, headaches, sleep disturbances, trouble breathing, irritability and mood swings, and bad breath might occur.
Digestive problems also happen with the Atkins diet due to several reasons such as constipation and diarrhea. Even nausea ...
- Gjuladin-Hellon, T., Davies, I. G., Penson, P., & Baghbadorani, R. A. (2018). Effects of carbohydrate-restricted diets on low-density lipoprotein cholesterol levels in overweight and obese adults: A systematic review and meta-analysis. Nutrition Reviews,77(3), 161-180. doi:10.1093/nutrit/nuy049
- Wood, R. J., Volek, J. S., Liu, Y., Shachter, N. S., Contois, J. H., & Fernandez, M. L. (2006). Carbohydrate Restriction Alters Lipoprotein Metabolism by Modifying VLDL, LDL, and HDL Subfraction Distribution and Size in Overweight Men. The Journal of Nutrition,136(2), 384-389. doi:10.1093/jn/136.2.384
- Appel, L. J., Sacks, F. M., Carey, V. J., Obarzanek, E., Swain, J. F., Miller, E. R., . . . For The Omniheart Collaborative Research Group. (2005). Effects of Protein, Monounsaturated Fat, and Carbohydrate Intake on Blood Pressure and Serum Lipids. Jama,294(19), 2455. doi:10.1001/jama.294.19.2455
- Halton, T. L., Willett, W. C., Liu, S., Manson, J. E., Albert, C. M., Rexrode, K., & Hu, F. B. (2006). Low-Carbohydrate-Diet Score and the Risk of Coronary Heart Disease in Women. New England Journal of Medicine,355(19), 1991-2002. doi:10.1056/nejmoa055317
- Hu, T., Mills, K. T., Yao, L., Demanelis, K., Eloustaz, M., Yancy, W. S., . . . Bazzano, L. A. (2012). Effects of Low-Carbohydrate Diets Versus Low-Fat Diets on Metabolic Risk Factors: A Meta-Analysis of Randomized Controlled Clinical Trials. American Journal of Epidemiology,176(Suppl_7). doi:10.1093/aje/kws264
- Guay, V., Lamarche, B., Charest, A., Tremblay, A. J., & Couture, P. (2012). Effect of short-term low- and high-fat diets on low-density lipoprotein particle size in normolipidemic subjects. Metabolism,61(1), 76-83. doi:10.1016/j.metabol.2011.06.002
Atkins Diet / Low Carbs Diet For Heart Disease
Please remain authentic and respectful. Aposbook does not endorse any comment and is not responsible for any wrong information provided by users.