Once you log in, you can use our search tool to find all the natural solutions for any health condition. Plus, you can discuss, ask questions, and share your point of view about various topics.
We highly encourage you to write reviews and testimonials about any natural solution you have tried. Regardless of whether the solution was effective or not, we urge you to remain authentic and objective. Our ultimate aim is to help each other learn the truth about each solution.
You can also add content you may find interesting in the library center section.
Together, we can contribute to our community’s knowledge.
Type I diabetes is an autoimmune disorder where the body produces little or no insulin. Without insulin, glucose cannot be transported to the cells that need it. Consequently, glucose levels in the blood will rise.
Type 2 diabetes:
Type 2 diabetes is the most common type of diabetes. In this form of diabetes, the pancreas produces insulin. However, the body is unable to use it properly because of ...
Diabetes does not have one common cause. The causes of the disease differ depending on the individual and type of diabetes. They also depend on genetics, health, and environmental factors.
The causes of diabetes are covered below:
Causes of Type 1 diabetes:
Type 1 diabetes is an autoimmune disease. Normally, the immune system is the body’s defense system to fight infections or any substance that is perceived as a possible threat by the body. However, a dysfunction in ...
Several factors can increase the risk and worsen the effects of diabetes. Below is a list of the ones most often at play.
Risk factors for Type 1 diabetes:
- Genetics: the role of genetics in the development of diabetes is not fully understood. However, genetics play a role in determining how likely the person is to develop diabetes. According to the American Diabetes Association, statistics reveal that the risk of developing diabetes increases when a parent ...
Doctors might use two blood tests to diagnose diabetes:
- A fasting plasma glucose test measures your blood glucose after you have gone at least 8 hours without eating. This test is used to detect diabetes or prediabetes.
- An oral glucose tolerance test measures your blood sugar five times over a period of three hours. First time, after fasting overnight for at least 8 hours (but not exceeding 16 hours), and then two hours after drinking a beverage containing ...
Natural medicine can relieve the symptoms of diabetes or even reverse the development of the disease. People can use different methods to treat diabetes including:
- Following a diet: given that excessive weight promotes insulin resistance, following a balanced diet reduces the accumulation of bad fats in the body’s organs. Several diets help regulate sugar levels in ...
Medicine could not find a cure for diabetes yet. Doctors can prescribe medications that can manage blood sugar levels but not reverse the condition. Some of these medications are:
- Oral glucose-lowering drugs: Some of these drugs include Metformin and Sulfonylureas that lower glucose production in the liver. This reduces glucose levels in the blood and may improve cell sensitivity to insulin.
- Insulin therapy: it acts as a replacement for the body’s insulin. People with type 1 diabetes ...