Once you log in, you can use our search tool to find all the natural solutions for any health condition. Plus, you can discuss, ask questions, and share your point of view about various topics.
We highly encourage you to write reviews and testimonials about any natural solution you have tried. Regardless of whether the solution was effective or not, we urge you to remain authentic and objective. Our ultimate aim is to help each other learn the truth about each solution.
You can also add content you may find interesting in the library center section.
Together, we can contribute to our community’s knowledge.
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS) is an endocrine disorder that causes a hormonal imbalance in women of reproductive age (aged between 15-49). The exact cause of PCOS is unknown.
It affects the ovaries, which are the female reproductive organs that produce various hormones to regulate ovulation and the menstrual cycle.
PCOS causes the ovaries to start producing abnormally high amounts of androgen (male) hormones. These hormones disrupt the functions of the female reproductive system.
Ayurveda’s recommendations for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS):
- Eat meals regularly: Eating meals at regular times strengthens agni (digestive fire) and improves digestion. It prevents toxins from accumulating in the body and disrupting the reproductive system’s function.
- Exercise regularly: Engage in physical activity for 30 minutes every day to restore balance to all the doshas. Exercise also helps women with PCOS lose weight and increases their insulin sensitivity, which helps regulate hormones.
- Sleep well: Maintain a regular sleep schedule and get ...
Ayurvedic medicine precautions for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS):
Ayurveda uses natural and herbal remedies to treat diseases. However, if you want to use Ayurvedic medicines, herbs, supplements to treat a particular condition, you should consider the following precautions:
- Consult your Ayurvedic practitioner before taking Ayurvedic products on your own. Let them know if you have diabetes or are taking medication that may affect your treatment plan. They should adjust it to avoid any harmful interactions with the medication you are taking ...
Ayurvedic medicine side effects for Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS):
Since Ayurvedic treatments are derived from natural herbs and plants, most treatments do not cause adverse events. However, if you take some Ayurvedic preparations or herbs, you may experience the following side effects.
- Some Ayurvedic products contain toxic amounts of heavy metals like lead, arsenic, or mercury, and they might cause heavy metal poisoning.
- Some Ayurvedic herbal formulations might cause headaches, nausea, gastrointestinal problems, diarrhea, rashes, or allergic reactions.
Bhingardive, K. B., Sarvade, D. D., & Bhatted, S. (2017). Clinical efficacy of Vamana Karma with Ikshwaaku Beeja Yoga followed byShatapushpadi Ghanavati in the management of Artava Kshaya w. s. r to polycystic ovarian syndrome. Ayu, 38(3-4), 127–132. ://doi.org/10.4103/ayu.AYU_192_16
Dayani Siriwardene, S. A., Karunathilaka, L. P., Kodituwakku, N. D., & Karunarathne, Y. A. (2010). Clinical efficacy of Ayurveda treatment regimen on Subfertility with Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS). Ayu, 31(1), 24–27. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-8520.68203
Community forum Ayurveda For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome / PCOS
Please remain authentic and respectful. Aposbook does not endorse any comment and is not responsible for any wrong information provided by users.