Once you log in, you can use our search tool to find all the natural solutions for any health condition. Plus, you can discuss, ask questions, and share your point of view about various topics.
We highly encourage you to write reviews and testimonials about any natural solution you have tried. Regardless of whether the solution was effective or not, we urge you to remain authentic and objective. Our ultimate aim is to help each other learn the truth about each solution.
You can also add content you may find interesting in the library center section.
Together, we can contribute to our community’s knowledge.
Hypertension or high blood pressure (HBP) is a medical condition characterized by high blood pressure in the blood vessels that can cause them to rupture, leak, or become narrow.
If left untreated, hypertension can increase the risk of heart diseases and other health conditions such as kidney disease and blindness. It can also damage the brain and even form clots in the arteries that would block the blood flow, resulting in a stroke or heart attack.
- Eat meals regularly: Eat at regular times to strengthen agni and improve digestion. This helps prevent toxins from accumulating in the blood and blocking the microchannels in the body, which lowers blood pressure.
- Exercise regularly: Engage in physical activity for 30 minutes every day to restore balance to all the doshas and lower blood pressure.
- Sleep well: Maintain a regular sleep schedule and get at least 7 hours of sleep. Lack of sleep can increase blood ...
Ayurveda uses natural and herbal remedies to treat diseases. However, if you want to use Ayurvedic medicines, herbs, supplements to treat a particular condition, you should consider the following precautions:
- Consult your Ayurvedic practitioner before taking Ayurvedic products on your own. Let them know if you have diabetes or are taking medication that may affect your treatment plan. They should adjust it to avoid any harmful interactions with the medication you are taking.
Since Ayurvedic treatments are derived from natural herbs and plants, most treatments do not cause adverse events. However, if you take some Ayurvedic preparations or herbs, you may experience the following side effects.
- Some Ayurvedic products contain toxic amounts of heavy metals like lead, arsenic, or mercury, and they might cause heavy metal poisoning.
- Some Ayurvedic herbal formulations might cause headaches, nausea, gastrointestinal problems, diarrhea, rashes, or allergic reactions.
Jadhav, N.S., & Ghorband, S.D. (2017) Aetiopathogenesis, Prevention and Management of Hypertension-An Ayurvedic View. International Journal of complementary alternative medicine, 9(5) https://doi.org/10.15406/ijcam.2017.09.00309
Menon, M., & Shukla, A. (2018). Understanding hypertension in the light of Ayurveda. Journal of Ayurveda and integrative medicine, 9(4), 302–307. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jaim.2017.10.004
Shukla, G., Bhatted, S. K., Dave, A. R., & Shukla, V. D. (2013). Efficacy of Virechana and Basti Karma with Shamana therapy in the management of essential hypertension: A comparative study. Ayu, 34(1), 70–76. https://doi.org/10.4103/0974-8520.115455
Ayurveda For Hypertension / High blood pressure
Please remain authentic and respectful. Aposbook does not endorse any comment and is not responsible for any wrong information provided by users.