Once you log in, you can use our search tool to find all the natural solutions for any health condition. Plus, you can discuss, ask questions, and share your point of view about various topics.
We highly encourage you to write reviews and testimonials about any natural solution you have tried. Regardless of whether the solution was effective or not, we urge you to remain authentic and objective. Our ultimate aim is to help each other learn the truth about each solution.
You can also add content you may find interesting in the library center section.
Together, we can contribute to our community’s knowledge.
Alzheimer’s disease (AD) is a neurodegenerative disorder that affects the brain and is characterized by the gradual loss of cognitive and neurological abilities.
The disease is progressive. Over time, it slowly destroys memory, thinking and social skills, and limits the patient’s ability to conduct a basic conversation. Eventually, patients lose the ability to conduct the simplest daily tasks.
As Alzheimer’s progresses, some of these complications can affect other physical functions of the body, such as swallowing, balance ...
Coconut oil can help treat Alzheimer’s because it is made up of medium-chain fatty acids that are quickly digested by the body to produce ketones. The brain can use these ketones as an alternative source of energy and nutrition to preserve its functions when glucose is not available, or if the brain cannot metabolize glucose effectively.
Thus, coconut oil helps relieve Alzheimer’s symptoms and can even treat Alzheimer’s disease because it provides the body with ...
Coconut oil helps treat or prevent Alzheimer’s because it is an excellent source of ketones. Ketones are molecules that the body produces by burning fat for energy. Both the body and the brain depend on glucose for energy. If glucose is not available, the body and the brain turn to ketones for their energy needs.
Ketones are produced when coconut oil is digested in the body because a large proportion of coconut oil ...
How to take coconut oil for Alzheimer’s disease: form and dose
Studies show that 2 to 3 tablespoons of coconut per day can positively affect people with Alzheimer’s disease. Researchers performing a study to test the cognitive performance of Alzheimer patients administered approximately 2.7 tablespoons of coconut oil per day and observed an improvement in the patients’ cognitive abilities.
According to Dr. Mary Newport, a neonatologist who used coconut oil to treat her husband’s Alzheimer’s, patients can start taking one ...
Coconut is considered a miracle product because of its nutritional and chemical composition. It is believed to have several health benefits and can help cure several diseases and medical conditions. It also has great nutritional value and can be used for beauty and cosmetic purposes. Some of its benefits include:
1. Treating medical conditions:
Apart from improving or preventing Alzheimer’s symptoms, coconut oil can help:
- Reduce irritation and inflammation: Coconut oil may help people cope ...
The following groups of people should use coconut oil with caution:
- Individuals with high cholesterol levels: individuals with high cholesterol levels should be careful of how much coconut oil they consume. There are concerns that coconut oil may increase the levels of bad cholesterol (LDL). However, most current evidence shows it has almost no effect on LDL cholesterol levels and only increases the levels of good cholesterol (HDL).
- De la Rubia, O., Alvarez, S., Sabater, S., AM, B., MJ, R., & Yang, H. (2017). How does coconut oil affect cognitive performance in alzheimer patients? Nutrition Hospitalaria,34(2), 352-356.
- W. M. A. D. B. Fernando, Martins, I. J., Goozee, K. G., Brennan, C. S., Jayasena, V., & Martins, R. N. (2015). The role of dietary coconut for the prevention and treatment of Alzheimers disease: Potential mechanisms of action. British Journal of Nutrition,114(1), 1-14. doi:10.1017/s0007114515001452
Coconut Oil For Alzheimer | Dementia
Please remain authentic and respectful. Aposbook does not endorse any comment and is not responsible for any wrong information provided by users.